We are excited to announce that the 17th annual Memorial Day Classic 10K, 5K & 1-mile family fun-run/walk will be happening LIVE on May 29, 2023 at Drakes Creek Park, Hendersonville, TN. We also have a virtual option as well!
Here’s how it works:
1. All participants are strongly encouraged to register by May 25 at 5pm to be eligible to pick up your race bibs and race t-shirts at Sumner County YMCA on Friday, May 26 from 5-7pm or Saturday, May 27 from 8am-1pm.
2. Packet Pickup will be available beginning at 5:45 am on race day.
3. Race day registration is available online ONLY at TheMemorialDayClassic.com. No paper entry forms and no cash transactions onsite day of race.
4. Opening Ceremonies will be held at the finish line at 6:30 am sharp. The Hendersonville Fire Department will help us honor our brave veterans during the opening ceremonies.
5. All races will have a gun start at the following times 10K 7:00, 5K 7:30 and 1 Mile 8:30. The 10K & 5K are chip timed. The 1 Mile is a FUN run and not timed. Children participating in the 1 Mile will be given the opportunity to go to the front at the starting line.
6. We will have water stops on the course and food at the finish line.
7. Awards will be given to the TOP male and female overall finishers in the LIVE 5K and 10K races and TOP male and female overall Masters (40+) finishers in the LIVE 5K and 10K races at the conclusion of the event.
Everyone in the 10K & 5K races will be able to see their results after the races via a link on this website.
8. All participants are asked to park in Life.Church parking lot on Indian Lake Road.
The Cumberland Crisis Pregnancy Center is a non-profit ministry based in Sumner County, TN that provides counseling and ongoing loving support to those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. All of our services are free and all in need are welcome. The Memorial Day Classic helps raise support for the CCPC as well as hope for our community! More info about the CCPC can be found at www.ccpcfriends.org.
Drakes Creek Park, Hendersonville, TN (by the baseball fields) / All participants are asked to park at Life Church parking lot on Indian Lake Blvd.